Greetings from Kenya – Dec 2021
Greetings from Kenya. l would like to take this opportunity to thank you all for the support you have accorded the girls and AIC SCHOOL for many years. This year:
- A total of 54 girls have directly benefitted from the Bride Rescue programme. Among them are:
- Sylvia who has since completed her bachelors and is now a high school teacher.
- Florence cleared her bachelor of law, graduated, joined Kenya School of law, graduated and is due to be admitted in the bar in February 2022.
- Joan has completed her certificate in Procurement.
- Purity in doing teaching practice and will soon graduate as a high school teacher.
- Maria (who is also blind) and Tracy are pursuing their bachelors.
- 24 Girls are in high school
- 21 girls are in primary school.
Besides paying school fees, you have also done close to 15 projects at the school. Not forgetting the holiday feeding, Christmas treats and school needs for the rescued girls (sisters). Most recent one is the provision of toilets in the dorm and the modern sewer line. This is huge and very impactive.
There has been a gap in the numbers of girls joining colleges/ universities due to funding. We are happy to be part of the new Beyond Bride Rescue Foundation. I am also happy to take the new responsibilities full time and the follow up on all these girls will be prompt and up to date.
On behalf of all the girls, AIC Kajiado Girls School and myself, a BIG THANK YOU ALL.